- More than $11 billion is generated each year by conservation-related activities such as hunting, fishing, wildlife watching and forest products.
- More than $60 of economic activity is generated for each dollar in the MDC annual budget.
- More than 95,000 Missouri jobs are supported by conservation-related activities.
- Healthy fish, forests and wildlife make our communities better places to live and work.
- 1 in 4 Missouri tourism dollars is spent on fish, forest and wildlife recreation.
- Healthy woods means cleaner waters and healthier wildlife.
- Conservation funding is still less than 1% of the state budget.
Check out Jill Henderson's passionate article on the Missouri Department of Conservation. Its worth the read!